The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme is established by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust in partnership with Comic Relief, The Royal Commonwealth Society and the University of Cambridge’s Institute of Continuing Education. This programme is in honour of Her Majesty The Queen’s lifetime of service to the Commonwealth.
The Programme aims to discover, celebrate and support young people aged between 18 – 29 from every Commonwealth nation, who are leading the way in transforming their own lives and the lives of those around them.
Each year, Awards are given to young people aged between 18 – 29 from across the Commonwealth who have proved themselves to be exceptional and inspiring leaders in their communities. As part of the Award, winners receive one-to-one mentoring support, remote learning provided by the University of Cambridge and the opportunity to participate in a unique Residential programme in the UK.
In order to be eligible for the Queens Young Leaders programme, applicants must :
· Be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2018: date of birth must fall between 1st January 1989 – 1st January 2000.
· Be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territory (of a Commonwealth Member).
· Demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
· Have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
· Be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to the candidate.
· Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
Young people aged between 18 and 29 from every country in the Commonwealth and who are working to create positive change in their communities will be able to apply online to become a Queen’s Young Leader. For more information on the Awards, visit http://www.queensyoungleaders.com .
The applications will close at midnight BST on Monday 21st August 2017.